MMA Fighter Ronda Rousey
Ronda Rousey was the first women’s UFC Bantamweight Champion. She defended her title five times and has a current fight record of twelve wins and one loss. She is one of the top fighters, man or woman in the UFC today and long regarded as the #1 pound-for-pound female MMA fighter in the world.
Check out Ronda Rousey on Social Buzz and get current updates from her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Ronda Rousey Fast Facts:
Born: February 1, 1987 in Riverside, California.
Nicknames: Rowdy, The Rowdy One, Rowdy Ronda, The Arm Collector
Championship titles: UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion, Strikeforce Women’s Bantamweight Champion, Junior World Champion (judo), World Silver Medalist (judo), Olympic Bronze medalist (judo), Pan Am Games Champion (judo), 4th degree Black belt in Judo.
- Been a pro fighter since 2011
- Won a bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China becoming the first American woman to win a medal since judo’s inception into the Olympics.
- Signature move is the arm bar.
- Set the record for the fastest finish in a UFC title fight at UFC 184, 14 seconds.
- Her Mother Ann Maria DeMars was the first American woman to win a World judo championship.
- Her first feature film was The Expendables 3. In 2015 she will be part of the movies Furious 7 and Entourage.
- Ranked #42 on Maxim’s Hot 100 for 2014.
- Was featured on the cover of ESPN’s Body Issue, Maxim magazine and SI swimsuit edition.