Jose Aldo Jr. was the first Ultimate Fighting Championship Featherweight Champion. He lost the title to Irish mixed martial artist Conor McGregor at UFC 194.
Jose Aldo Fast Facts:
Born: September 9, 1986 in Manaus, Brazil.
Nicknames: Junior, Scarface
Titles held: UFC Featherweight champion, former WEC Featherweight Champion, Four-time Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion, World jiu-jitsu champion.
- Aldo is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, who is known for his strong ground game, hard kicks and punches.
- Aldo took up training in capoeira to protect himself from bullies.
- He has not lost a fight since 2005.
- In 2009, Aldo was awarded as Sherdog’s Fighter of the Year.
- Aldo held the WEC Featherweight title until the WEC and UFC merged.
- The majority of his fights have been won by knockout or TKO.
- The scar on the left side of his face was caused by his sister who rolled him into a barbecue pit.
- Aldo has fought and won fights against some of the best in MMA that include. Frankie Edgar, Urijah Faber. Kenny Florian and Chad Mendes.